Tool for creating and managing help projects. It focuses on the organization of existing html files, xml files, scripts, images and other resources so that the help author has the best overview of his project.
Precision Helper works natively with the Microsoft HTML Help projects format (HHP) and allows to publish resulting help to the CHM, WebHelp, ePUB (e-book), PDF and the single html document formats.
Precision Helper is designed for advanced developers and authors, but user-friendly environment enables creating help projects also by novice users.
Version 2.0 includes a new embedded topic editor, support for project and topic templates, and also the interface for application add-ons, that can significantly extend the product functionality.
- Easy editing of the contents and the index
- Context-sensitive help editor
- Customizable topic and project templates
- Embedded topic editor with syntax highlighting,
code completion and text/code insertion via predefined keystrokes
- Visual window type designer
- Wide support for clipboard and drag & drop
- Publishing the CHM, WebHelp, ePUB (e-book), PDF, ...
- Creating a new project from an existing CHM file
- Global searching, "Quick launch" on the welcome page, CHM Viewer and other supporting tools
- Project files management, topic browsing in tabs
- Scripting interface for application extensions (Add-Ons)
- and many more ...
Precision Helper is distributed as a FREEWARE. However, if you find it useful, you can support the further development by donating. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
*) To read e-books in ePUB format, an appropriate reader must be installed on your PC (ie. Adobe Digital Editions, Firefox EPUB Reader add-on, etc.)