Precision Language Suite
Precision Language Suite is a set of localization tools for Delphi and Lazarus development environments. It allows you to create multilingual applications in any available framework (VCL, FireMonkey, LCL) and for all supported platforms (Win32, Win64, OSX, ...).
The suite includes:
PLS Engine - localization components designed for inclusion into your application
PLS Editor - a powerful tool for preparing your language files (translations)
PLS Translator - a free lightweight editor intended for translators
Precision Language Suite uses a text format for distributed localization files by default. Translations can therefore be easily adapted to the customer needs even without installing a special software. This also allows your users to switch a language without the need of restarting the application.
How it works?
Include localization support into your application
by using PLS Engine components and classes
Prepare your language files (translations)
with the help of PLS Editor tool
Distribute your application
including the prepared language files
PLS Engine features
- TplsController component for easy implementation of this engine into your applications
- TLanguageManager class for low-level handling of all advanced localization operations
- Localization of component properties, text constants, resource strings and general strings (ie. messages from 3rd-party DLLs.)
- Embedded localization (for translating texts directly in run-time)
- Dynamic language switching in run-time
- Designed for Delphi (version 7 to XE5) and FreePascal/Lazarus IDEs.
- Supporting VCL, FireMonkey and LCL frameworks, 32 and 64-bit Windows platform, MacOSX and Linux (iOS and Android platforms are in experimental phase)
- Provided free of charge including the source code
PLS Editor features
- Editing localization items in a well-arranged grid, where all selected languages are displayed side by side
- Comfortable navigator for browsing items by category
- Quick searching and filtering of items
- Finding and replacing texts
- Bookmarks on items
- Tags and comments, including an automated tagging
- Spell checking
- Automatic scan and synchronization of defined source code files
- Independence on source code files, that offers freedom in defining localization items
- Import/Export of various file formats including formats defined by scriptable extensions
- Automatic translation features, including the support for custom dictionaries (Microsoft Terminology Collection), web translation services (Google Translate, Microsoft Translator) and services defined by scriptable extensions (MyMemory, TMX files, TBX files, etc.)
- Reporting features
- Libraries - customizable system of packages and templates, that you can use for defining known and ignored component properties, tags, language codes and names, predefined constants and strings, etc.
- Multilingual user interface (English, Czech, German, French, Italian, etc.)
- and more ...
PLS Translator features
- A free lightweight editor intended for translators (not for developers)
- It has some limitations in compare to PLS Editor, but it is provided completely free of charge
- PLS Translator can be used to make translations of your products by external translators, or by any employee in your company, that don't need to define new localization items and that don't need to synchronize the localization project with source codes of your products
You can freely use PLS Engine components and PLS Translator tool for both personal and commercial purposes (according to the license agreement). You can also try the full version of PLS Editor for a trial period of 30 days. If you find the editor is useful, then you can buy the license, register and use it for designing and maintaining your localization projects.