PLS Editor is a powerful tool, that allows you to manage and edit your localization projects, so with its help you can define and maintain translations of your multilingual applications easily and comfortably.
Localization items (texts) can be edited in a well-arranged grid, where all selected languages are displayed side by side. There is a plenty of functions and tools available, that help you with your job, like items navigator, fast filtering and searching, text replacements, evidence of your projects, and more.
Although the editor may be used completely independently of your development environment (any item identifiers could be entered), it offers a range of tools to increase developer's work efficiency, such as synchronization of language and source files, transfer of selected components from Delphi (or Lazarus) IDE into the localization project by using the clipboard, source code proposals (for including localization support into your application), and many more.
If you want, you can also customize PLS Editor possibilities, because it supports scriptable extensions, including a full application interface to editor's data and functions.
Overview of PLS Editor features
- Editing localization items in a well-arranged grid, where all selected languages are displayed side by side
- Comfortable navigator for browsing items by category
- Quick searching and filtering of items
- Finding and replacing texts
- Bookmarks on items
- Tags and comments, including an automated tagging (translate, do not localize, automatically translated, etc.)
- Spell checking
- Automatic scan and synchronization of defined source code files (component properties and resource strings)
- Independence on source code files, that offers freedom in defining localization items (you can ommit some components from localization, you can localize other than text properties, you can include text constants and strings, that are not presented in your code, etc.)
- Pasting objects from Delphi and/or Lazarus IDEs
- Import from various file formats (csv, txt, rc, drc, dfm, fmx, lfm, pas, inc, dpr, pp, lpr, dklang, ini, lst) including formats defined by scriptable extensions (ie. FastReport's xml format)
- Export into various file formats (csv, html), including formats defined by scriptable extensions (ie. FastReport)
- Automatic translation features, including the support for custom dictionaries (Microsoft Terminology Collection), web translation services (Google Translate, Microsoft Translator) and services defined by scriptable extensions (MyMemory, TMX files, TBX files, etc.)
- Automatic generation of source code file that includes declarations for constants and resource texts (LangConsts.pas by default)
- Favorite projects manager
- Reporting features
- Source code suggestions, that show you how to implement PLS Engine into your application
- Libraries - customizable system of packages and templates, that you can use for defining known and ignored component properties, tags, language codes and names, predefined constants and strings, etc.
- Multilingual user interface (English, Czech, German, French, Italian, etc.)
- and more ...
In online help you can find detailed information about the following topics, related to PLS Editor: